Reinventing Older Communities: Bridging Growth and Opportunity is a national community development conference hosted by the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia that will be held Monday, May 12, to Wednesday, May 14, 2014, at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel.
The sixth biennial conference will examine how communities can promote economic growth in ways that benefit all residents. Hundreds of researchers, business and nonprofit leaders, community development practitioners, funders, and state and local government representatives are expected to attend the conference.
“We’re learning that the strongest communities and regions are those that create opportunities for all residents,” said Theresa Y. Singleton, vice president and Community Affairs officer at the Philadelphia Fed. “This year’s Reinventing Older Communities conference will explore how communities can pursue growth and development in ways that enhance the lives of people across socioeconomic levels.”
Speakers at the conference will include Raj Chetty, William Henry Bloomberg Professor of Economics, Harvard University; Angela Glover Blackwell, founder and CEO of PolicyLink; Manuel Pastor, Director of the Program for Environmental and Regional Equity, University of Southern California; and more.
Topics will include:
- How entrepreneurs are reinventing cities
- Changing demographics and the impact on America’s urban renewal
- Connecting hard-to-serve populations and jobs
- Exporting cities in the global economy
- Sustainable and green practices that benefit low-income communities
- Innovative plans that prepare communities for natural disasters …and much more.
Communities flourish when businesses, nonprofits, and governments meet and exchange ideas. Register today to be a part of this conversation.
GreenBiz Group is bringing their annual GreenBiz Forum series to Pheonix, AZ, February 18-20, as part of the Sustainability Solutions Festival and is offering CSRwire members a special discount.
GreenBiz Forum 2014 brings together an unprecedented partnership between GreenBiz Group, The Sustainability Consortium, and the Global Institute of Sustainability at ASU to give attendees an unparalleled in-depth look at the key challenges and opportunities facing sustainable business today.
Framed by the seventh annual edition State of Green Business report, the high-wattage stage presentations, workshops, and networking opportunities will make the 2014 GreenBiz Forum an unforgettable event.
This year’s theme is “Getting Further Faster,” reflecting the need to accelerate progress beyond the incremental. Among the key themes will be: Risk and Materiality, Big Data Meets the Supply Chain, the New Corporate Energy Manager, Zero Waste, Net-Positive Buildings, and Integrated Reporting.
Featured speakers include:
- Richard Mattison, CEO, Trucost
- Aron Cramer, President & CEO, BSR
- Tod Arbogast, VP, Sustainability & Corporate Responsibility, Avon Products, Inc.
- Peter Bakker, President, WBCSD
- Francesca DeBiase, VP, Worldwide Supply Chain, McDonald's Corporation
- Aida Greenbury, Managing Director of Sustainability & Stakeholder Engagement, Asia Pulp & Paper
- Adam Lowry, Co-founder and Chief Greenskeeper, Method